Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ran Ziv <ra...@gigaspaces.com> on 2017/07/05 13:52:14 UTC

[VOTE] publish ariatosca 0.1.0

The ariatosca community voted on and has approved a proposal to release
ariatosca 0.1.0.
Pursuant to the Releases section of the Incubation Policy and with the
endorsement of two of our mentors we would now like to request the
permission of the Incubator PMC to publish the tarball Apache's
/dist/release.

Proposal:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ab4979e21893389a97f57d0b1823608a0933f27fcc4e7e0805cbc583@%3Cdev.ariatosca.apache.org%3E

Vote result:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/24420783e5bb09db4246819d31c9b7806edc57013e0838ec4790c06b@%3Cdev.ariatosca.apache.org%3E

Release candidate package may be found at:
*https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ariatosca/0.1.0-incubating/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ariatosca/0.1.0-incubating/>*
The "source" directory contains the actual source snapshot as required per
an Apache release.
the "sdist" and "bdist" directories are Pythonic source and binary
distributions, to be uploaded on PyPI upon a successful vote.

See more information about the package in the original proposal thread.

Please vote by Saturday, July 8th, at 14:00 UTC.

Thanks,
Ran

Re: [VOTE] publish ariatosca 0.1.0

Posted by Ran Ziv <ra...@gigaspaces.com>.
Thanks everyone.

Regarding MacOS installation, it's indeed a "TODO" at the moment. We only
have instructions and test installation on Linux and Windows at this time.

Regarding licenses in YAML files, we've had a discussion on the ariatosca
dev mailing list a while back about whether these are required or not, and
since to my understanding they aren't mandatory it seemed to make some
simple, one-liner yaml configuration / input files cumbersome, so we
omitted them in some cases.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tal Liron <ta...@gigaspaces.com>.
+1 non-binding.

M: +1-312-375-8299 http://cloudify.co @cloudifysource

Posted by Avia Efrat <av...@gigaspaces.com>.
Copying my non-binding +1 from dev@ariatosca:
[
1) Validated signature & checksums
2) Validated LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER, "incubating" in archive name
3) Made a clean install using "pip install ."
4) Ran tests using "make test"
+1
]

--