Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2005/04/11 16:10:07 UTC

alpha-2 scheduling complete

There are 73 issues scheduled for alpha-2. This is a lot for 5 weeks.

We should tackle the larger stuff requiring design decisions first, then
come back to polish later. I will reassess our position after 3 weeks
and start picking things to push back to alpha-3.

There are plenty of small things and doco tasks in there - so people new
to the community are welcome to provide patches for those to help us along.

The good news is alpha-3 is currently relatively light, and I feel most
of our desired features for 2.0 are in JIRA, so at this point it only
looks like we'll need 3 alphas before moving on to betas.

One thing I need to do is start moving over issues slated for beyond
Maven 1.1 in the MAVEN jira project, as it may have some additional
features we want.

Cheers,
Brett