Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Katie Wilkie <Ka...@gtnet.com> on 2005/04/08 11:41:00 UTC

Problems deploying jetspeed into Jboss 3.2.7

Hi,

I'm having problems deploying Jetspeed2 into Jboss 3.2.7. I followed all of
the instructions on the wiki using a binary distribution of J2 M2. The first
time I tried to start Jboss I received errors about the database version
being out of date. I removed the hsqldb.1.7.1 jar from the servers lib
directory and replaced it with the original hsqldb jar which came with the
Jboss installation. Now when I start up Jboss, it gets so far and then
sticks when trying to deploy J2. The Jboss output sticks here:

10:36:04,899 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/jetspeed,
warUrl=file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war
/
10:36:06,446 INFO  [ContextConfig] WARNING: Security role name admin used in
an <auth-constraint> without being defined in a <security-
role>
10:36:06,508 INFO  [console] Jetspeed Starting Initialization...
10:36:06,540 INFO  [console] JetspeedServlet identifying web application
root...
10:36:06,555 INFO  [console] JetspeedServlet identifed web application root
as C:\jboss\server\gtx\deploy\jetspeed.
war\
10:36:06,946 INFO  [console] JetspeedServlet attempting to create the
portlet engine...
10:36:06,977 INFO  [Jetspeed] Jetspeed environment attempting to initialize
portal Engine...
10:36:10,633 INFO  [STDOUT]  INFO: Starting auto deployment service:
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager
10:36:10,633 INFO  [STDOUT]  INFO: Deployment scanning delay: 10000
10:36:10,633 INFO  [STDOUT]  INFO: Deployment staging directory:
C:\jboss\server\gtx\deploy\jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/de
ploy
10:36:10,633 INFO  [STDOUT]  INFO: Adding
file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/apps/jetspeed-layou
ts/WEB-INF/classes/ to class path for Local PA jetspeed-layouts
10:36:10,633 INFO  [STDOUT]  INFO: Adding
file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/apps/jetspeed-layou
ts/WEB-INF/lib/portals-bridges-velocity-0.2.jar to class path for Local PA
jetspeed-layouts

The J2 deployment log shows:

2005-04-08 10:36:10,633 [main] INFO  deployment - Starting auto deployment
service: org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager
2005-04-08 10:36:10,633 [main] INFO  deployment - Deployment scanning delay:
10000
2005-04-08 10:36:10,633 [main] INFO  deployment - Deployment staging
directory: C:\jboss\server\gtx\deploy\jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/deploy
2005-04-08 10:36:10,633 [main] INFO  deployment - Adding
file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/apps/jetspeed-layouts/
WEB-INF/classes/ to class path for Local PA jetspeed-layouts
2005-04-08 10:36:10,633 [main] INFO  deployment - Adding
file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/apps/jetspeed-layouts/
WEB-INF/lib/portals-bridges-velocity-0.2.jar to class path for Local PA
jetspeed-layouts

And the last few entries of the J2 log are:

2005-04-08 10:36:10,540 [main] INFO
org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.impl.JetspeedProfilerImpl - Merging OJB
respository
jar:file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/lib/jetspeed-profi
ler-2.0-M2.jar!/META-INF/profiler-ojb.xml for DAO class
org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.impl.JetspeedProfilerImpl
2005-04-08 10:36:10,571 [main] INFO
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Creating shared instance of singleton bean
'org.apache.jetspeed.sso.SSOProvider'
2005-04-08 10:36:10,571 [main] INFO
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'PersistenceBrokerSSOProvider'
2005-04-08 10:36:10,586 [main] INFO
org.apache.jetspeed.sso.impl.PersistenceBrokerSSOProvider - Merging OJB
respository
jar:file:/C:/jboss/server/gtx/deploy/jetspeed.war/WEB-INF/lib/jetspeed-sso-2
.0-M2.jar!/META-INF/sso_repository.xml for DAO class
org.apache.jetspeed.sso.impl.PersistenceBrokerSSOProvider
2005-04-08 10:36:10,602 [main] INFO
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Creating shared instance of singleton bean
'org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.servletcontainer.ApplicationServerManag
er'
2005-04-08 10:36:10,618 [main] INFO
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'deploymentManager'
2005-04-08 10:36:10,618 [main] INFO
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'portletAppDeploymentListener'
2005-04-08 10:36:10,618 [main] INFO
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'decoratorDeploymentListener'
2005-04-08 10:36:10,665 [main] INFO
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.JdbcTransactionObjectSupport - JDBC 3.0
Savepoint class is available

This one is really confusing me so I would appreciate any pointers you might
have.

Many thanks.

Katie.

This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is intended
solely for the addressee. If you have received this communication in error
please remove it and inform us via telephone or email.

Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail and attachments are free
from malicious content, malware and viruses, we cannot accept any responsibility
whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds.

The views represented within this mail are solely the view of the
author and do not reflect the views of Graham Technology as a whole.

Problem building jetspeed 2.0 source file

Posted by Rose Priya <ro...@cognizant.com>.
Hi,

While building the jetspeed 2.0 from source, the following errors are
displayed.

[javac] Compiling 2 source files to
/home/rosepriya/newjs/jakarta-jetspeed-2/portals-bridges/velocity/target/classes
    [javac]
/home/rosepriya/newjs/jakarta-jetspeed-2/portals-bridges/velocity/src/java/org/apache/portals/bridges/velocity/BridgesVelocityViewServlet.java:28: package org.apache.velocity does not exist
    [javac] import org.apache.velocity.Template;
    [javac]                            ^
    [javac]
/home/rosepriya/newjs/jakarta-jetspeed-2/portals-bridges/velocity/src/java/org/apache/portals/bridges/velocity/BridgesVelocityViewServlet.java:29: package org.apache.velocity.context does not exist
    [javac] import org.apache.velocity.context.Context;

like this some 27 errors. All the errors are from import
org.apache.velocity.*

Where is the problem and what to do for this.

please give a solution for this........

regards,
Rose

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

  Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com