Posted to small-events-discuss@apache.org by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/27 17:38:43 UTC

Success!!! (was - [IDEA] - Frequent small events in the Netherlands)

Hi...

   I am so pleased to announce that the 1st event Apache Meetup - NL, which
was yesterday in Arnhem, The Netherlands, was a great success:

1- We had 19-20 people
2- 2 Talks (Apache Rave and Apache Celix)
3- An open discussion about Apache and the Apache Way (I always mis Ross
which it comes to these topics :D)
4- Had a nice dinner and drinks
5- People socialized in a *very* good way
6- The venue was fantastic, a *big* great thanks to Marcel and Luminis
7-  A lot of photos have been taken
  7.1- Where can we share these photos ?
8- Presentations will be collected and shared as well
  8.1- Also where can we put them ?

The plan is going so well!

Surprise, Surprise:
- We already have plans for the coming two events, more information when we
are more sure about it!

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: Success!!! (was - [IDEA] - Frequent small events in the Netherlands)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On 27 April 2012 21:55, Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2012, at 17:44 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Brilliant!
>>
>> Presentations: best we have right now is
>> http://community.apache.org/speakers/slides.html (need to put thought
>> into making decent use of that section). I'd think about hosting them
>> at slideshare and linking to that page.
>
> That makes sense, and perhaps that page should start with listing the specific events so we can relate slides and maybe photos to each event?

Per event is OK, but I'd rather that were a *different* page. The one
above is supposed to be resources for speakers. A place where people
can go to find reusable slides for x, so per topic is best. If you
want it to record things on per event basis then the concom site is
much better (which should have per event pages anyway).

Ross

Re: Success!!! (was - [IDEA] - Frequent small events in the Netherlands)

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On Apr 27, 2012, at 17:44 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> Brilliant!
>
> Presentations: best we have right now is
> http://community.apache.org/speakers/slides.html (need to put thought
> into making decent use of that section). I'd think about hosting them
> at slideshare and linking to that page.

That makes sense, and perhaps that page should start with listing the specific events so we can relate slides and maybe photos to each event?

> Photo's: Hmmm.. we need more photo's around the apache.org site. How
> about putting them into the ComDev svn somewhere sensible and
> spreading a few good ones around the ComDev and ConCom sites.

Do we want to have the originals (RAW files, ~25MB per file in this case) there, or just the processed and resized JPEG files? I would say the latter, but if we ever want to reuse them in other materials, the originals might come in handy as well. We could also opt to just keep track of who made the pictures and have people ask them if the originals are needed. WDYT?

Greetings, Marcel

> Ross
>
> On 27 April 2012 16:38, Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi...
>>
>>   I am so pleased to announce that the 1st event Apache Meetup - NL, which
>> was yesterday in Arnhem, The Netherlands, was a great success:
>>
>> 1- We had 19-20 people
>> 2- 2 Talks (Apache Rave and Apache Celix)
>> 3- An open discussion about Apache and the Apache Way (I always mis Ross
>> which it comes to these topics :D)
>> 4- Had a nice dinner and drinks
>> 5- People socialized in a *very* good way
>> 6- The venue was fantastic, a *big* great thanks to Marcel and Luminis

You're welcome, we were glad to host it. Big thanks to yourself a well, this definitely was a team effort!

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
Brilliant!