Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Brian Whitman <br...@variogr.am> on 2008/02/23 23:34:45 UTC

will hardlinks work across partitions?

Will the hardlink snapshot scheme work across physical disk
partitions? Can I snapshoot to a different partition than the one
holding the live solr index?

Re: will hardlinks work across partitions?

Posted by Leonardo Santagada <sa...@gmail.com>.

On 24/02/2008, at 15:32, James Brady wrote:

> Unfortunately, you cannot hard link across mount points.
>
> Snapshooter uses "cp -lr", which, on my Linux machine at least,
> fails with:
> cp: cannot create link `/mnt2/myuser/linktest': Invalid cross-device
> link
>
> James

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_link

:)

--
Leonardo Santagada

Re: will hardlinks work across partitions?

Posted by James Brady <ja...@gmail.com>.