Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Paul Warner <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/12 17:27:40 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_dav and versioning

Hello,

I've searched the web quite a bit, and read through
documentation, but I'm unable to come up with any
information about mod_dav and versioning (other than
that it is in the webdav spec).  I have a working
Apache2 installation, and mod_dav is functioning quite
well with a couple of different clients we've tried.
But I don't see any evidence of versions on the
server.

Is versioning available, and if so how do I find out
more about it?  If not, do I need to look for another
implementation to get it?

Thanks,
Paul Warner

Re: [users@httpd] mod_dav and versioning

Posted by Saqib Ali <sa...@seagate.com>.
mod_dav doesn't support versioning.

Check out delta V @ http://www.webdav.org or http://www.xythos.com if you
are looking for versioning.

Saqib Ali
-------------
http://validate.sf.net <---- HTML/XHTML/DocBook Validator

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Paul Warner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've searched the web quite a bit, and read through
> documentation, but I'm unable to come up with any
> information about mod_dav and versioning (other than
> that it is in the webdav spec).  I have a working
> Apache2 installation, and mod_dav is functioning quite
> well with a couple of different clients we've tried.
> But I don't see any evidence of versions on the
> server.
>
> Is versioning available, and if so how do I find out
> more about it?  If not, do I need to look for another
> implementation to get it?

The standard mod_dav doesn't do versioning, and I don't believe any of the
most common clients support it either.

You need special tools like:
http://subversion.tigris.org/

Joshua.