Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by blais <bl...@enel.ucalgary.ca> on 2004/02/18 18:59:41 UTC

no ojdbc14 in java.library.path, Help I'm stuck trying to write this servlet!

Hey All.

I've been trying to write a servlet that uses a jdbc driver to connect
to a remote Oracle server.  I've manage to compile my own standalone app
to connect to the DB.  I included the ojdbc14.jar in my classpath and
everything seemed to work fine.  I can't seem to get the same code to
work in a servlet with tomcat 5, and I'm pretty sure it's because tomcat
does not know where ojdbc14.jar is.  I've put it in server/lib and /bin
and common/lib, but to no avail.  Using the web tool, I've added the
ojdbc14.jar file with multiple paths and i've still got nothing.  Any
help would be appreciates.

I'm running this on Linux with tomcat 5, Oracle 9i and apache 1.3.29.

Regards,
Jeremie

--
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.

Re: no ojdbc14 in java.library.path, Help I'm stuck trying to write this servlet!

Posted by Apu Shah <ap...@esaya.com>.
i did not have to add any database connections under the tomcat web
admin tool.

catalina.properties remains the same.

is there a stack trace with an exception in any logs? (ClassNotFound or
any other such exceptions)

could you also describe what symptoms you are seeing? does the app hang
or does it return an error or are you not seeing database updates....

apu

Posted by blais <bl...@enel.ucalgary.ca>.
Thanks Apu,

Posted by Apu Shah <ap...@esaya.com>.

Posted by Harry Mantheakis <ha...@mantheakis.freeserve.co.uk>.
I had this problem, and got it work by having the ojdbc14.jar in the
'$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib' directory ONLY.

If I kept a copy of ojdbc14.jar in my application's 'WEB-INF/lib' directory,
the thing just did not work.

Strange. I cannot explain it!

Harry Mantheakis
London, UK