Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by fs...@posteo.de on 2016/06/01 13:51:27 UTC

Client communication and akka.framesize

Hi,

we were running into the same problem that was described here[0] and are
wondering if anyone is still working on/interested in this PR[1].
It would be great if this could be merged since we are collecting and
distributing data of unknown sizes at the time of configuration and this
leads to unexpected failures.

Thanks!
Felix

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/934

Re: Client communication and akka.framesize

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Hi Felix,

I don't think this PR will go in any time soon. Transferring data back
to the client is not a very efficient anyways. Perhaps you could
re-formulate your problem in a different way?

Adjusting the framesize could also be an option:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/setup/config.html#distributed-coordination-via-akka

Cheers,
Max