Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/19 11:33:56 UTC

[trinidad] ShowDetail not working properly inside tables?

Hi,

I am using trinidad 1.2.9 and I have realised that showDetail is not working
properly when inside the column in a table? I have a column with showDetail
and whenever I click in it only the showDetail from the first row is
disclosed. All the showDetails have the same id so, as expected by the
javascript function, only the first one will be disclosed. Is this a bug? Am
I missing something?

Thanks guys,

Bruno

Re: [trinidad] ShowDetail not working properly inside tables?

Posted by murph1 <km...@nsa.gov>.
I am having a similar issue with the showDetail inside the column of a table.
If I select showDetail in a row, navigate to another page and then return,
all the showDetails are open not just the one I initially opened.  Same
thing happens if I hide one, navigate to another page and then return, all
are closed.  I believe it has to do with the ids all being the same. Any way
to fix this?

Re: Firefox 3 support / dateup of Supported Platforms sheet?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 9:34 AM,  <wo...@pta.de> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> a click on the link to lookup the supported platforms
>
> http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/release-notes.html#Supported%20Platforms
>
> only reveals some rather out-of-date information e.g. it says FF 1.0.x is
> supported but nothing on FF 2.x . Is it planned to update this sheet?

that page is legacy :-)
Most of us (those that work on Trinidad) use IE7 and FF2 (for some reasons...)

> Particularly, we would like to know the support of Firefox 3 (FF 3). As can
> be seen, some people already have observed a number of incompatibilities.

some of us recently update their system to "test" things with FF3

> So would it be better to stay with FF 2 ?

I think for now... it is fine when it stays at FF2 level.

Even when I now update the wiki, that really doesn't mean
that 100% if fine in FF2 (FF3)

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

Need JSF and Web 2.0?
http://code.google.com/p/facesgoodies

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Firefox 3 support / dateup of Supported Platforms sheet?

Posted by wo...@pta.de.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2008/8/25 Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>

> Go to http://www.irian.at/trinidad-demo/faces/components/table.jspx
>
> Use firebug to inspect the DOM. You will see that the onclick uses
> javascript to disclose the links:
>
> return _submitHideShow('_idJsp1',1,'hide','_idJsp12','_idJsp12dd1','1')
>
> Now, from what you said, it seems like you are not using detail
> stamps, but rather putting a tr:showDetail in a column?

Yes, that is right :)

> It also uses custom Javascript (taken from
> http://www.irian.at/trinidad-demo/faces/components/showDetail.jspx):
>
> return _submitHideShow('_idJsp1',1,'show','hs1','hs1__xc_')
>
> I would verify that the arguments passed are correct. Unfortunately I
> have no time for Trinidad at the moment to try to reproduce the
> problem for you. If you submit a simple jspx or xhtml file perhaps
> someone can look into it for you. Without a test case it will probably
> take a lot longer. The easiest for the developers is probably for you
> to reproduce the problem in the trinidad-demo project from SVN and
> then upload a patch/diff file so that the developers don't have to try
> to get an environment up and running.

Yeah, if I have some time this week I will try to fix it myself. Just wanted
to know if someone else had this problem, which does not seem the case. As I
am a developer myself if I find something I will commit it right away :)

Thanks,

Bruno

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.