Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by solo turn <so...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/14 16:38:48 UTC

authentication with certificates also from smartcards

is there any chance or any plans to integrate http://www.opensc.org/ into svn client?

Re: authentication with certificates also from smartcards

Posted by "Jens B. Jorgensen" <je...@tallan.com>.
solo turn wrote:

>is there any chance or any plans to integrate http://www.opensc.org/ into svn client?

I couldn't really speculate on that however...

I'm working on a patch to neon (the library subversion uses to talk to
apache) to use built-in Windows SSL/TLS. So, if your smart card is
supported as Cryptographic Support Provider then you should be able to
do client certificates that way. (Actually being able to use a hardware
crypto token to authenticate to the server was why I set out to do this
in the first place.) I actually have a working version that does the
SSL/TLS bit but I need to take care of the certificate handling stuff.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jens.jorgensen@tallan.com

"With a focused commitment to our clients and our people, we deliver value through customized technology solutions."