Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Corbin, James" <Ja...@starwoodhotels.com> on 2005/06/13 22:56:10 UTC

Use of Velocity for Email Generation (from Template)

Hello,

I am starting to research Velocity as an option to create email text from a
template and wondered if this was a valid use of this tool.

It seems it is primarily targeted for generation of web content but seems
like it would work for generating customized email text from a predefined
template.

J.D.

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged.
The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.

Re: Use of Velocity for Email Generation (from Template)

Posted by Barbara Baughman <ba...@utdallas.edu>.
I use it all the time for automated email notifications.

Barbara Baughman
X2157

Posted by Tim Kelly <tk...@buildingengines.com>.
It is a great tool for generating any kind of text.  We use if for all
of the following:
WML
HTML
SQL( if dynamic )
EMAIL( both text and html )
 Note: we use javamail to send it and velocity to create it.

That's all the I right now I'm am sure there will be others in the
future for us.

--
Tim Kelly
Director of Development