Posted to user@drill.apache.org by itisha Gupta <it...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/15 08:42:58 UTC

Regarding EXCEPT clause of drill

Hey team,

I am trying to use EXCEPT operator of Apache drill but it's not working.
Does Apache drill supports EXCEPT?

Regards,
Itisha

Re: Regarding EXCEPT clause of drill

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I think that set subtraction is considerably harder than union. It is
unlikely to be a simple hack to an operator.

But it should be possible to build planner rules that expand an except
expression into a plan to do an outer join and filter away results that
have non-null right hand sides.

The real problem is that virtually nobody even knows that except exists.

Posted by Paul Rogers <pa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Arina.

In this Jira in comments you can find ways how to rewrite the query to achieve the same result: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-4232 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-4232>

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.