Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jesse Glick <Je...@Sun.COM> on 2010/01/13 17:28:26 UTC

Re: [Ant Wiki] Update of "AntNewbies" by superman

Apache Wiki wrote:
> http://wiki.apache.org/ant/AntNewbies?action=diff&rev1=57&rev2=58
>
> + Question #19 '''Why I get the version of java when I type : ant -version'''

This kind of page seems to lend itself to questions without answers, or with only unverified answers. Can't we just direct people to
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/ant for this kind of thing?

Re: [Ant Wiki] Update of "AntNewbies" by superman

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Jesse Glick wrote:
> Apache Wiki wrote:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/ant/AntNewbies?action=diff&rev1=57&rev2=58
>>
>> + Question #19 '''Why I get the version of java when I type : ant
>> -version'''
>
> This kind of page seems to lend itself to questions without answers,
> or with only unverified answers. Can't we just direct people to
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/ant for this kind of thing?

I think the person "superman" who did this posting should have asked the
question on the ant user list. I did not know about this page on
stackoverflow.

Uhhmm, I see that the top of the AntNewbies page mentions the user list
already.

Regards,
Antoine