Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hector Adolfo Alonso <al...@consist.com.ar> on 2001/07/10 16:43:41 UTC

Reloading

Hi servleters:
   I've making some tests trying to resolve when and how Tomcat does
a servlet reloading. The spec says that when a servlet container makes
a servlet reloading, it must discard all classes previouslly loaded for its
context. This really works for Tomcat, but it doesn't work very well, at
least for me. For example, if I change two servlets and some utility classes,
one of the servlets and the utility classes, are reload, but no both of the
servlets (not every time). I'm using Tomcat 3.2.2 with mod_jk / ajp13,
Windows NT 4.0 SP6, JDK 1.2.2_008, Apache 1.3.20. I've read the
release notes too.
   Does anybody know where I can find some useful information about
this topic.
   Thanks in advance.

Hector Adolfo Alonso
Consist Teleinformatica S. A.