Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Giulia Ferretti <g....@nsr.it> on 2021/06/15 15:52:38 UTC

Syncope - approval workflow visibility

Hello everybody,

me and my team have a problem with the approval process. The scenario is
as follows:

   - two realms: RealmA, RealmB
   - two roles: RoleA (visibility on RealmA), RoleB (visibility on RealmB)

We have created the two roles with the capabilities to see and manage
user creation requests via approval.

The problem we encounter is that if a user is created on RealmA, this
approval request is presented not only to the user with RoleA, but also
to the user with RoleB.

Can you help us?

Thank you,

reguards,

Giulia

Re: Syncope - approval workflow visibility

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 15/06/21 17:52, Giulia Ferretti wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> me and my team have a problem with the approval process. The scenario is as follows:
>
>   - two realms: RealmA, RealmB
>   - two roles: RoleA (visibility on RealmA), RoleB (visibility on RealmB)
>
> We have created the two roles with the capabilities to see and manage user creation requests via approval.
>
> The problem we encounter is that if a user is created on RealmA, this approval request is presented not only to the user with RoleA, but also to the user with RoleB.
>
> Can you help us?

Hi Giulia,
glad of your interest in Apache Syncope.

By default, if nothing is specified in the BPMN definition, user requests can be managed by any User owning the appropriate Entitlements.

You can restrict the Users that can manage a given user request by enforcing Flowable's candidateUsers / candidateGroups constructs in their BPMN definition - see [1] for more details.

If this is not enough to cover the scenario you are proposing above, I am afraid some additional code customization might be required.

HTH
Regards.

[1] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/2.1/reference-guide.html#approval

--