Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mac Systems <ma...@mac-systems.de> on 2007/04/28 17:10:23 UTC

SVN+SSH Checkout

Hello,

im quite new to Maven. Actually i want to checkout from SVN via the SCM
Plugin.
I already checked out an Test Projekt from Apache out via SVN with maven
to Test how it should work in general.

I'm working under WinXP SVN and SSH are available SVN can create the
Tunnel for SSH.
The Connection to the SVN Repository in general works with maven.
But well, actually i did not find any Infos how to provide my SVN
Password and User name
to SVN via maven.

Looking at the SCM doc this should be the Format of an URL i have to
provide:

scm:svn:svn://[username[:password]@]server_name[:port]/path_to_repository

Well, actually it seems not to work. MVN or SVN dont want that URL

Any Sugestion how to do that ? Maybe i can provide maven the password and username
in an other way ?

If i try to connect to SVN with this URL Schema it seems to work, but i have to
login

scm:svn:svn://[username@]server_name[:port]/path_to_repository

But SVN dont ask about my Password ...

What i doing wrong ?

Thanks for Answers,
Jens

Re: SVN+SSH Checkout

Posted by John Redden <jr...@matrix-consultants.com>.
I have found a workaround for the shortcomings of wagon.

To deploy in an ssh environment on Linux:

1.) run: ssh-agent /bin/bash
2.) run: ssh-add
3.) test your connections to the remote secure host:  ssh
maven@my.remote.secure.host  and then logout
4.) run: mvn deploy

To deploy in an ssh environment on MS Windows:

1.) run: pageant.exe
2.) Everything is the same as it is for
Linux, only the names of the executables are different. Instead of
"ssh", you use "plink.exe". Instead of scp, you use "pscp.exe". Remember
to provide the full path to the executables. It's the full DOS path, but
with FORWARD slashes.  All the programs, pscp and pageant.exe, etc, are
available here:
http://www.deepfriedbutteronastick.com/ssh/

More on this.

If you try maven deploy:deploy-file with just this setup, it will fail
(unless the user your running happens to be the same as the remote
repo).  The reason is that the comand line,  deploy:deploy-file does not
have an option to set the user.  The work around for this entails an
additional step, create the user the ssh expects when accessing you
local repo via scpexe.   For Linux I had to create a maven user.  I'm
not sure waht the procedure is for windows.