Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com> on 2002/10/21 17:20:43 UTC

Force

In the interests of simplifying things, can we remove the "force" option from Call.registerTypeMapping()?

I don't see anywhere in the code that actually uses force=false, which would seem to defeat the purpose of registering a type mapping at all.  If you're concerned about overwriting some existing mapping, can't you just check the mapping yourself?

Along related lines, I'm currently adding registerTypeMapping() APIs to the Service, since that's where things actually happen anyway.  This will allow all the metadata setup for generated stubs, including type mappings, to occur once in the generated Locator, and get rid of all the "cached*" thingies currently sitting in the stubs.

--Glen