Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Todd Bryant <TB...@foundation.nebraska.edu> on 2004/10/19 22:18:51 UTC

Suppressing INFO messages

I just upgraded a struts 1.0.2 project to a 1.1 project. Everything went
fine except that I notice I have a lot of INFO messages in the console,
e.g.,

I org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources  Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LocalStrings', returnNull=true

I do not want these info messages in stdout. I understand that struts now
uses commons-logging, which from what I understand uses either log4j,
java1.4, or SimpleLog to log output. I have tried putting in a
log4j.properties and a simpelog.properties file and it has not suppressed
the output. At this point I cannot tell which logging API I am using.

I am having a terrible time trying to find information about this using
google or the mail list archive. Is there an easy solution? Thank you very
much for any input you can give me.

Todd Bryant
Programmer/Analyst
University of Nebraska Foundation
402-472-0107

NOTE:  This electronic message and attachment(s), if any, contains
information which is intended solely for the designated recipient(s).
Unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of the contents
of this message or attachment(s), in whole or in part, is prohibited without
the express authorization of the sender of this message.

Re: Suppressing INFO messages

Posted by Eddie Bush <ea...@swbell.net>.
My apologies.  You should have created that file in the default package.  I
neglected to mention that and didn't even notice til just now.

>I just upgraded a struts 1.0.2 project to a 1.1 project. Everything went
> fine except that I notice I have a lot of INFO messages in the console,
> e.g.,
>
> I org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources  Initializing,
> config='org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
>
> I do not want these info messages in stdout. I understand that struts now
> uses commons-logging, which from what I understand uses either log4j,
> java1.4, or SimpleLog to log output. I have tried putting in a
> log4j.properties and a simpelog.properties file and it has not suppressed
> the output. At this point I cannot tell which logging API I am using.
>
> I am having a terrible time trying to find information about this using
> google or the mail list archive. Is there an easy solution? Thank you very
> much for any input you can give me.
>
> Todd Bryant
> Programmer/Analyst
> University of Nebraska Foundation
> 402-472-0107
>

> NOTE:  This electronic message and attachment(s), if any, contains
> information which is intended solely for the designated recipient(s).
> Unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of the
> contents
> of this message or attachment(s), in whole or in part, is prohibited
> without
> the express authorization of the sender of this message.

---