Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Glenn Barnard <ba...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/15 12:17:44 UTC

NIFI Flow Design System

Hi, I recently had the pleasure of using NIFI at DXC Technology and was
wondering if the FDS component was available to use in my own applications.
I wrote a BPM Workflow engine, but the XML is becoming unmanageable. So,
I'm looking for a tool I can insert into my web apps to help me in this
development.

My primary app is Job Manager, which can already perform a series of tasks,
but Iit needs better flow control that is easy to create, store and test.

Please advise if the Flow Design System would be a good fit for my purposes
and what I'd have to do to download it.

Thank you so much!

Re: NIFI Flow Design System

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
I will email glenn directly as i dont think he is on the list...

Fwd: NIFI Flow Design System

Re: NIFI Flow Design System

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Glenn,

Thanks for your comments. The canvas you've experienced unfortunately has
not landed in the Flow Design System yet. It is ultimately destined for
there but currently, only the NiFi Registry uses FDS. In time, NiFi will be
updated to also use it. At that time, the NiFi canvas should be a component
that FDS offers. When completed that worked would likely land in the next
major version of NiFi. Currently, the canvas in NiFi is implemented
directly in the NiFi codebase and is not designed to be a reusable
component.

Hope this helps clarify things.