Posted to user@trafodion.apache.org by "Lin, Hai (Henry)" <ha...@esgyn.cn> on 2016/02/18 03:45:15 UTC

答复: Can Trafodion 1.3 build and run under CenOS 7.0?

Hi RiverTime,

By now, Trafodion is not able to run on CenOS7.0.

Best regards,
Henry

Posted by Carol Pearson <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi RiverTime,

A bit more information.

Private distro vendors are just now rolling out their supported CentOS 7.0
support (some have already done so, some have not). That's a blocker for
official CentOS 7.0 support, though it doesn't stop experimentation by
users. I believe that some people have experimented running Trafodion on
CentOS 7.0 (unofficial distro versions) and found a couple of
incompatibilities, mostly around the Hadoop distros that are supported on
CentOS 7.0.

Keep in mind that right now Trafodion doesn't have a released version that
supports HBase 1.x.  That work is in progress for the upcoming 2.0
Trafodion release.  Some private Hadoop distro vendors don't plan to
support versions of Hadoop with HBase 0.98, so the current Release 1.3
Trafodion simply can't run there.

After HBase 1.x support, Trafodion can address any additional CentOS or
Hadoop distro issues by vendor.  For that, we'd love to have you contribute
by trying it out and letting us know your experience, or even contributing
modifications.

Thanks!
-Carol P.
Email:    carol.pearson234@gmail.com
Twitter:  @CarolP222

Can Trafodion 1.3 build and run under CenOS 7.0?

Anyone already tried it?

Thanks,

RiverTime