Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Monica Lau <ml...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/13 05:07:16 UTC

Newbie question on HMAC signature

Hi,

I'm  signing an xml document using hmac-sha1.  I was just wondering what do people normally fill in for the <keyinfo> element?  I assume that you don't incorporate this <keyinfo> element into the document because you can't/shouldn't store the secret in it.  Or is there some way to incorporate this information in the xml document without compromising security?  I don't believe so, but I'm fairly new to security...

Thanks for your help,
Monica