Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/11 23:28:22 UTC

Wrapping up the Arrow 0.5.0 release

hi folks,

It's been about 5 weeks since the 0.4.1 release, and we've completed
quite a lot of additional work (about 90 patches) in Apache Arrow.
From the look of JIRA we can likely everything essential by the end of
this week and make a 0.5.0 release candidate on Sunday or Monday.

The umbrella JIRA for the release is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-1052 -- please attach
release blockers so we can stay organized over the next several days.

Thanks!
Wes

Re: Wrapping up the Arrow 0.5.0 release

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
There's one PR in review, so assuming no blockers comes up we should
be able to cut a release candidate tomorrow. We can discuss further in
the morning (Eastern time) on the sync call.

Thanks!
Wes

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.