Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by gz...@pcisys.net on 2001/11/06 18:41:48 UTC

Using Apache SOAP without a servlet engine?

Greetings,

Our company has a Java-based product that is a few years old. At the time it
was first developed there was no such thing as Java Servlets, so they wrote
their own Java-based HTTP server that has some servlet-like capabilities. This
HTTP server is built into the product. Now we want to add SOAP capabilities to
the product and I've been investigating Apache SOAP. I've been trying to get
Apache SOAP to work with our non-servlet engine HTTP server but so far I haven
not been successful. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and give me some
advice on how to make it work?

Thanks,

Greg