Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <ad...@toolazydogs.com> on 2004/02/11 14:11:54 UTC

Geronimo specs jars

The classpath is getting very long, too long for us living in the
exciting world of Microsoft.  I propose that we merge all the specs
projects into one.  With that said, the merged spec project should
probably go into modules.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Alan

Re: groupId, was: Geronimo specs jars

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
On Feb 12, 2004, at 10:19 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> david.blevins@visi.com wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 04:29:34PM -0600, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>>> I like the idea of a geronimo-spec-j2ee.jar file. That way users
>>> will be able to add one thing when writing a j2ee app.  I think we
>>> should have a spec/j2ee project that does this.   I'll even write it
>>> if we can get everyone to agree.
>>>

> The groupId for this is geronimo-j2ee but the id is geronimo-spec-j2ee.
>
> Which is right?

Sorry that was a typo... I change it to geronimo-j2ee.

-dain

groupId, was: Geronimo specs jars

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net>.

--
Jeremy

Re: Geronimo specs jars

Posted by da...@visi.com.
On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 04:29:34PM -0600, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> I like the idea of a geronimo-spec-j2ee.jar file. That way users will
> be able to add one thing when writing a j2ee app.  I think we should
> have a spec/j2ee project that does this.   I'll even write it if we can
> get everyone to agree.

+1

--
David Blevins

Re: Geronimo specs jars

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
On Feb 11, 2004, at 4:31 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> I like the idea of a geronimo-spec-j2ee.jar file. That way users will
>> be able to add one thing when writing a j2ee app.  I think we should
>> have a spec/j2ee project that does this.   I'll even write it if we
>> can get everyone to agree.
>
> +1 - especially if you're going to write it :-)

Done... wish I hadn't offered to write it.  What a PITA.

-dain

Re: Geronimo specs jars

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net>.
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> I like the idea of a geronimo-spec-j2ee.jar file. That way users will be
> able to add one thing when writing a j2ee app.  I think we should have a
> spec/j2ee project that does this.   I'll even write it if we can get
> everyone to agree.

+1 - especially if you're going to write it :-)

It should at least contain all J2EE API classes as described by the
standard (see the J2EE JavaDoc for example).

--
Jeremy

Re: Geronimo specs jars

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
I like the idea of a geronimo-spec-j2ee.jar file. That way users will
be able to add one thing when writing a j2ee app.  I think we should
have a spec/j2ee project that does this.   I'll even write it if we can
get everyone to agree.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner