Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> on 2009/04/21 11:04:34 UTC

Referring to the JIRA issue in commit log message

Hi,

What do you think about putting the JIRA issue a commit belongs to into
the commit log message, like:

"changing the way something work (DIRMINA-700)"

JIRA tracks svn and will reference the commit from the related JIRA
issue ("All" or "Commits" Tabs). I think this is very helpful.

WDYT about keeping this convention (when applicable) here at MINA?

  Bernd

Re: Referring to the JIRA issue in commit log message

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any specific format it expects.

No, it will search for JIRA IDs (DIRMINA-XXX, FTPSERVER-XXX and so on).

/niklas

Re: Referring to the JIRA issue in commit log message

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
> What do you think about putting the JIRA issue a commit belongs to into
> the commit log message, like:
>
> "changing the way something work (DIRMINA-700)"

Is there any specific format it expects.
I missed this for my commits today :-(

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: Referring to the JIRA issue in commit log message

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Bernd Fondermann
<bf...@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> What do you think about putting the JIRA issue a commit belongs to into
> the commit log message, like:
>
> "changing the way something work (DIRMINA-700)"
>
> JIRA tracks svn and will reference the commit from the related JIRA
> issue ("All" or "Commits" Tabs). I think this is very helpful.
>
> WDYT about keeping this convention (when applicable) here at MINA?

I always try to do this for my commits and agree we should all do it.

/niklas