Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by jcplerm <jc...@ameritech.net> on 2003/09/18 04:48:01 UTC

Executing an action at the end of a series of transformers

Is it possible to execute an action immediately after a series of transformers?

This is an example:

<map:match pattern="renderForm.html">
            <map:generate type="request"/>
            <map:transform .../>

            <map:transform .../>

            <map:transform .../>
            <map:serialize/>
            <map:act type="DoSomeCleanup"/>
</map:match>

I need to execute "DoSomeCleanup" after the path from the "generate" to the "serialize"is complete.

But as above, it always executes first.

Thanks,

jcplerm

Re: Executing an action at the end of a series of transformers

Posted by Tony Culshaw <to...@cultech.com.au>.
Actions are executed FIRST because, along with matchers and selectors, they are responsible for constructing the pipeline. Once the pipeline is assembled as in generator->transformer->...->transfomer->serializer, it is then executed.