Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Sijo Kuriakose <ks...@yopa.com> on 2001/05/16 21:54:50 UTC

Compound data types... Please respond...

Hi Scott,
 I have still not figured out how to invoke a server side function which
takes an array as a parameter from the apache soap client.
 I do understand that arrays are part of soap specification. But does the
apache client implementation  provide a way by which we can create a soap
request which contains an array?

 I would like an open discussion on the following issues.

1) The current implementation treats compound data types as java objects. We
can as well use rmi for this. Is this correct approach? What if the soap
server is implemented in some other language ?

2) Is there any way we can map a compound data type to a java object? What I
mean is a mechanism similar to corba, where idl files are mapped to java
classes.

3) Why can't we have a simple mechanism where the soap message is
enacpsulated to an object?
If the soap is used for rpc, then we need some mechanism where we can access
the compund data types inside the function.

Thanks and regards
Sijo