Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2011/06/09 12:58:09 UTC

junit4 test runners

I'm doing something non-ant related, but I'm wondering if anyone has
seen this problem here, as it's the closest to what I'm trying to do

1. I have some code that is a test runner for Junit3.8.x classes, it works.
2. I am trying to flip the ivy version to junit 4.8.2 something.
3. I rerun my test runner tests
4. I get sealing violations on dependent JARs from my own upstream projects

Neither my JARs or JUnit4 is sealed, yet as soon as say "JUnit 4",
things stop working.

Anyone else seen something like this? Or am I deep in a classloader hell
of my own making?

Re: junit4 test runners

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
On 06/09/2011 11:58 AM, Steve Loughran wrote:
> I'm doing something non-ant related, but I'm wondering if anyone has
> seen this problem here, as it's the closest to what I'm trying to do
>
> 1. I have some code that is a test runner for Junit3.8.x classes, it works.
> 2. I am trying to flip the ivy version to junit 4.8.2 something.
> 3. I rerun my test runner tests
> 4. I get sealing violations on dependent JARs from my own upstream projects
>
> Neither my JARs or JUnit4 is sealed, yet as soon as say "JUnit 4",
> things stop working.
>
> Anyone else seen something like this? Or am I deep in a classloader hell
> of my own making?

-turns out one file in a package was sealed. What's interesting is that
this triggered a problem only in junit4 builds, which makes me thing
that the classloading was different. Perhaps a sealing violation only
triggers if the first class is loaded from a sealed JAR, and rest from
unsealed ones.

Odd though -reverting to junit3 did fix it, even though ivy set the
build up both times.