Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by lu...@uqss.uquebec.ca on 2005/05/27 17:08:06 UTC

Apache Integration

I'm trying to setup an Apache 2.X server to relay JSP's to a Tomcat 5.5 server.

So far, the information I've found is fragmented and out of date. It concerns Tomcat 3.2 and the libraries used by this « hot-to » are deprecated. For example, it says to install the mod_jserv module, which is not suitable for Apache 2. The best document I've found so far is « Tomcat - A minimalist user's guide ».

 I will have to proceed to an installation on a production server. I cannot fail this installation and it has to succeed the first time.

Is there anyone who came upon a complete guide on how to proceed ??

Does anyone ever installed those two versions together and has valuable advice ?

Luc Boudreau

Université du Québec

Canada

Re: Apache Integration

Posted by Arnar Gestsson <ag...@trackwell.com>.
Hi,

which connector are you using? I guess you're using apache to handle
port 80 and you want it to relay jsp and servlets over to the tomcat,
but serve other content than jsp/servlets by the apache?

You should use mod_jk, newest version probably 1.2.13.

My experience is that you shouldn't have to worry about connecting
tomcat5 or tomcat4 to apache2, the main part here is to configure mod_jk
correctly.  I'd say that the documentation on
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/jk.html should be
sufficient, but I can otherwise agree on that a complete guide would be
beneficial for everyone.

BR. Arnar