Posted to commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/02/01 21:48:35 UTC

[Xmlgraphics Wiki] Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForFebruary2010" by SimonPepping

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics Wiki" for change notification.

The "StatusReports/StatusReportForFebruary2010" page has been changed by SimonPepping.
The comment on this change is: Starting the status report for February 2010.
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/StatusReports/StatusReportForFebruary2010

New page:
'''General Comments'''

There are no issues that require Board attention.

'''XML Graphics Commons'''

No releases, no major changes, just a few improvements and fixes in various components.

'''Batik'''

Helder Magalhães was voted in as a new committer. A new release, consolidating bug fixes and small improvements, would be good, but due to lack of committer time, no release was made.

'''Fop'''

Pascal Sancho was voted in as a new committer. A new release is overdue, but due to lack of committer time, no release was made.

Re: Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForFebruary2010"

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu>.
In addition some statistics (in parentheses the numbers of last quarter):

xmlgraphics commits: 12 (9), see
http://www.svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?from=20091101&to=20100228&path=%2Fxmlgraphics%2Fcommons
fop commits: 36 (131), see
http://www.svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?from=20091101&to=20100228&path=%2Fxmlgraphics%2Ffop
batik commits: 5 (2), see
http://www.svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?from=20091101&to=20100228&path=%2Fxmlgraphics%2Fbatik

general: 50 (34)
fop-dev: 259 (486)
fop-users: 459 (555)
batik-dev: 95 (71)
batik-users: 222 (199)

As you see, the number of FOP commits and the activity on fop-dev are
rather lower than last quarter. User lists were active again.

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu

Re: Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForFebruary2010"

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu>.
It is time to prepare a report for the ASF board again. Please, add
your thoughts. I will finalize and submit this report in a week from
now, on Wednesday 10 February during the morning (W-Europe).

Note that I again mentioned the desirability of a release for both
Batik and FOP (and for xmlgraphics-commons by dependency).

Regards, Simon