Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by xdirewolfx <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/29 19:23:41 UTC

Excel & CSV file to XML message

Hi,

I have some requirements that I need to read an excel file and transform to
an xml message to call a ws. Is there any functionality just out of the box
I can use or do I need to write a custom mediator class of some sort to
handle this (my excel file will need to skip the first few row as data
really comes much later in the file)

Thank you

Re: Excel & CSV file to XML message

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
If you need any help I can certainly improve the CSV2XML mediator.

Paul

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 7:28 AM, xdirewolfx <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. I'll look into it
>
> Ruwan Linton wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> With Synapse there is no built-in mediator to do this transformation, but
>> in
>> http://esbsite.org you can find a csv2xml mediator [1] and a smooks
>> mediator
>> [2] both capable of handling this kind of transformations. You might need
>> write your own custom mediator depending on your requirement, but the
>> above
>> mediators will help you to get an understanding, because the source code
>> also will be available under Apache License in there.
>>
>> [1] -
>> http://esbsite.org/resources.jsp?path=/mediators/paulfremantle/OpenCSV%20Mediator
>> [2] -
>> http://esbsite.org/resources.jsp?path=/mediators/upul/Smooks%20Transform%20Mediator
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ruwan
>>
>> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:53 PM, xdirewolfx <ke...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have some requirements that I need to read an excel file and transform
>>> an xml message to call a ws. Is there any functionality just out of the
>>> box
>>> I can use or do I need to write a custom mediator class of some sort to
>>> handle this (my excel file will need to skip the first few row as data
>>> really comes much later in the file)
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Ruwan Linton
>> http://www.wso2.org - "Oxygenating the Web Services Platform"

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Excel & CSV file to XML message

Posted by xdirewolfx <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

With Synapse there is no built-in mediator to do this transformation, but in
http://esbsite.org you can find a csv2xml mediator [1] and a smooks mediator
[2] both capable of handling this kind of transformations. You might need to
write your own custom mediator depending on your requirement, but the above
mediators will help you to get an understanding, because the source code
also will be available under Apache License in there.

[1] -
http://esbsite.org/resources.jsp?path=/mediators/paulfremantle/OpenCSV%20Mediator
[2] -
http://esbsite.org/resources.jsp?path=/mediators/upul/Smooks%20Transform%20Mediator

Thanks,
Ruwan

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:53 PM, xdirewolfx <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some requirements that I need to read an excel file and transform to
> an xml message to call a ws. Is there any functionality just out of the box
> I can use or do I need to write a custom mediator class of some sort to
> handle this (my excel file will need to skip the first few row as data
> really comes much later in the file)
>
> Thank you

Ruwan Linton