Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Alexandru Sicoe <ad...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/29 19:47:06 UTC

another DataStax OpsCenter question

Hello,
 I am planning on testing OpsCenter to see how it can monitor a multi DC
cluster. There are 2 DCs each on a different side of a firewall. I've
configured NAT on the firewall to allow the communication between all
Cassandra nodes on ports 7000, 7199 and 9160. The cluster works fine.
However when I start OpsCenter (obviously on one side of the firewall) the
OpsCenter CF gives me two schema versions in the cluster and basically
messes up everything. Plus, I can only see the nodes on one the same side.

What are the requirements to let the OpsCenter on one side see the
Cassandra nodes and the OpsCenter agents on the other, and viceversa?

Is it possible to use OpsCenter across a firewall?

Cheers,
Alex

Re: another DataStax OpsCenter question

Posted by Nick Bailey <ni...@datastax.com>.
No. Each agent is responsible for collecting and reporting all the
statistics for the node it is installed on, so there shouldn't be any
duplication.

Posted by "R. Verlangen" <ro...@us2.nl>.

--
With kind regards,