Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/08/25 05:05:23 UTC

Re: possible test failures && a possible cu

On 8/23/07, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2007, at 6:09 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
> David this change you made on the bootstrap-partition dependency in the
> core from
> compile scope to "test" scope will have greater ramifications as I noted
> in a few other
> emails.
>
> You'll need to fix server-installers, and server-main for one and possibly
> other projects
> which presume that this dependency is transitively inherited.
>

> I'm confused about this.  In the past I've asked how to tell if a change I
> propose breaks anything and the response has always been, "run the
> integration tests, if they pass nothing is broken".  Well, I ran all the
> integration tests before committing this change, and nothing broke.  If
> there's something else I can do to determine if the server is working,
> please let me know what it is.  Otherwise, I have to say I can't understand
> why you think any other changes are needed.

Just for a conclusion (we figured this out on IRC) let me comment:

I we got to the bottom of this on IRC.  The reason why you missed this hairy
little trap
even with the integration test runs was because the server-installers and
server-main
modules are not included in the build with the default maven profile.

I guess you're going to change this by making the default profile run all
integ tests and
include all the modules.  Then we can trigger just a quick build for
developers to quickly
compile modules.

Good idea!!! We should have done this from the start.

Alex