Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Stephen Blass <St...@asu.edu> on 2005/05/11 19:42:44 UTC

Publish ... Perished?

So the question is how do I safely copy from Live back to Authoring?

After working on a new page this morning, using Kupu, and then
publishing the new page, I went back to fix an error where I had placed
two copies of an image one after the other; I only needed one, so I
highlighted the second and deleted it from the page.  When I then
clicked on the Save icon I was told the page does not exist.
Furthermore, the entire sub tree from my new page's parent on down is
now missing from the Authoring section of the system.  I can see the
directories and each directory still has an index_en.xml file but the
system claims the pages do not exist when I try to view them in
Authoring.  The pages are still present in the Live section.  I would
like to get them back to where I can work with them in the Authoring
section.   Any suggestions about the best way to resurrect things?  Can
I just copy the tree from Live back to Authoring?

Has anyone else experienced this kind of publication death?

Thanks,

Steve Blass
sblass@asu.edu

Re: Publish ... Perished?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Stephen Blass wrote:
> So the question is how do I safely copy from Live back to Authoring?
>
> After working on a new page this morning, using Kupu, and then
> publishing the new page, I went back to fix an error where I had placed
> two copies of an image one after the other; I only needed one, so I
> highlighted the second and deleted it from the page.  When I then
> clicked on the Save icon I was told the page does not exist.
> Furthermore, the entire sub tree from my new page's parent on down is
> now missing from the Authoring section of the system.  I can see the
> directories and each directory still has an index_en.xml file but the
> system claims the pages do not exist when I try to view them in
> Authoring.  The pages are still present in the Live section.  I would
> like to get them back to where I can work with them in the Authoring
> section.   Any suggestions about the best way to resurrect things?  Can
> I just copy the tree from Live back to Authoring?
>
> Has anyone else experienced this kind of publication death?

it sounds like your sitetree might have become corrupted. what lenya
version are you using?