Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kern, Tom" <tk...@CHARMER.COM> on 2004/08/04 21:01:29 UTC

2 questions

How do I tell if mail-spamassassin-spamcopURI is running or being used?
The same for AWL?

I'm running SA 2.63 with amavis-new

thanks

Re: 2 questions

Posted by Steve Bertrand <ia...@ibctech.ca>.
> How do I tell if mail-spamassassin-spamcopURI is running or being used?
> The same for AWL?

Look at the body (or headers) of a message marked as spam. You should
see the following (or similar):

 4.0 OB_URI_RBL             URI's domain appears in ob.surbl.org
                            [ohhmygodd.biz is blacklisted in URI RBL
at]
                            [ob.surbl.org]
 3.0 WS_URI_RBL             URI's domain appears in sa-blacklist
                            [ohhmygodd.biz is blacklisted in URI RBL
at]
                            [ws.surbl.org]
 3.0 SPAMCOP_URI_RBL        URI's domain appears in spamcop database
at
sc.surbl.org

You should also see an entry from AWL as well.

Steve

Re: 2 questions

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.
Quoting Steve Bertrand <ia...@ibctech.ca>:

>> At 03:01 PM 8/4/2004, Kern, Tom wrote:
>>> How do I tell if mail-spamassassin-spamcopURI is running or being
>>> used?
>>
>> First, check if it's even configured by looking for rules that use it
>> in
>> your config:
>>          grep "surbl" /usr/share/spamassassin/*
>>          grep "surbl" /etc/mail/spamassassin/*
>>

> Note that in my system, under /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin (on
> FBSD 4.10), the surbl rules are in the file named ``spamcop_uri.cf''.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

Yes, the file is named spamcop_uri.cf but grep-ing for "surbl" will
check inside
the file for "surbl".

Jim

Re: 2 questions