Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Da...@SunGardEBS.com on 2007/06/13 01:51:18 UTC

How do you open defects against findbugs-maven-plugin

Hi Everyone,

What is the process for opening defects against a plugin.  In my case, I'm
using the findbugs-maven-plugin version 1.1 with the
<xmlOutput>true</xmlOutput> option.  I have noticed that the bugs found I
are duplicated in the findbugs.xml file.  The html page is fine.  This
seems to be a bug to me?  Has anyone else experienced this?  Am I missing
something?  If not, please let me know the process for logging a defect.
Below are excerpts from my findbugs.xml and pom file.  Any feedback anyone
can provide is greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your help!!  David

Findbugs.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <BugCollection version="1.2.0" threshold="Low" effort="Default">
- <file classname="my_class">
  <BugInstance type="EI_EXPOSE_REP" priority="Normal" category="
MALICIOUS_CODE" message="EI: my_class.getArgs() may expose internal
representation by returning OvException.args" lineNumber="150" />
  <BugInstance type="EI_EXPOSE_REP" priority="Normal" category="
MALICIOUS_CODE" message="EI: my_class.getArgs() may expose internal
representation by returning OvException.args" lineNumber="150" />
  <BugInstance type="EI_EXPOSE_REP2" priority="Normal" category="
MALICIOUS_CODE" message="EI2: my_class.setArgs(Object[]) may expose
internal representation by storing an externally mutable object into
OvException.args" lineNumber="158" />
  <BugInstance type="EI_EXPOSE_REP2" priority="Normal" category="
MALICIOUS_CODE" message="EI2: my_class.setArgs(Object[]) may expose
internal representation by storing an externally mutable object into
OvException.args" lineNumber="158" />
  </file>
<reporting>
        <plugins>
                <plugin>
                        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                        <artifactId>findbugs-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                        <configuration>
                                        <debug>true</debug>
                                <xmlOutput>true</xmlOutput>
                                </configuration>
                </plugin>
                <plugin>
                        <artifactId>
                                maven-project-info-reports-plugin
                        </artifactId>
                        <reportSets>
                                <reportSet>
                                        <reports>
                                                <report>index</report>
                                                <report>cim</report>
 <report>dependencies</report>
 <report>dependency-convergence</report>
 <report>issue-tracking</report>
 <report>project-team</report>
 <report>scm</report>
                                                        </reports>
                                        </reportSet>
                                </reportSets>
                        </plugin>
        </plugins>
</reporting>

Re: How do you open defects against findbugs-maven-plugin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I am reasonably certain that findbugs-maven-plugin bugs are posted in
MOJO under component "findbugs".

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO

Wayne