Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by jerry <je...@yahoo.com> on 2013/10/01 22:44:05 UTC

OSGI Jackson itegration for JAXRS/JSON

I am using Eclipse Kepler for the IDE.  I recently started using servicemix
and have a need to implement a restful service which will consume and
produce JSON.  I am successful in getting a jaxrs service running, but when
I integrate the Jackson (older org.codehause.jackson.* not newer xmlfaster)
library into the java I encounter issues with osgi.  Specifically, I am
given error messages which include:

Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/codehaus/jackson/JsonParseException

I am not able to access any of the classes for the Jackson library, they all
provide the NCDFE error.

I am using the maven installer "mvn install" which produces the jar in the
target folder.  I have edited the POM file to include the dependencies for
"jackson-mapper-asl" and "jackson-core-asl".    The java build path has the
libraries included as well.  We are currently running Java 1.6-45.

What is the proper way to integrate other jar files into the project for
OSGI?