Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Sten R. Sandvik" <sr...@enonic.com> on 2006/08/24 22:46:50 UTC

Nodetype documentation (NTDOC)

Hi all.

I recently wrote about a nodetype documentation tool I had developed and used. As my understanding this could be used by alot of people and seems to be missing as a tool in Jackrabbit. I have found it quite useful to be able to visualize the node types in a more structured "human-readable" form. Therefore I developed ntdoc (node type documentation generator) that creates JavaDoc like pages for node types.

I have not yet had time to structure the code so that it is suitable for contribution to Jackrabbit, but will do in the near future. Hopefully by next week. But in the meantime it is avaliable on my blog here: http://www.codewreck.net

Cheers!

Re: Nodetype documentation (NTDOC)

Posted by Peeter Piegaze <pe...@day.com>.
Sten,

The output looks nice. This will come in handy for me. I look forward
to the contribution.

Cheers,
Peeter

Posted by "Sten R. Sandvik" <sr...@enonic.com>.
Yes, it will. But it displays a suitable message if not in .cnd or .xml
format now. The reason that it is not displaying an error for .xml is
that it exists a skeleton implementation of the parser, but it does not
do anything right now.

Posted by "Sten R. Sandvik" <sr...@enonic.com>.
Old style is not done yet. It will be. Only CND is supported at this
point. Read the blog :-)