Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jon Gerdes <GE...@whl.co.uk> on 2005/04/08 12:37:20 UTC

Local scores

***  Before acting on this email or opening any attachment you are advised to read the disclaimer at the end of this email ***

Could someone please explain this for me:

Header from an e-mail I received:
―---------------------------------8<------------------------------

Note that the total score is 4.6

Excerpt from my local.cf:
―---------------------------------8<------------------------------
score GTUBE                        120.0
score RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET         5.0
―---------------------------------8<------------------------------

Note that I've scored up RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET to 5.0.

I know that the other local scores work OK becuause I can sent GTUBE in for a pretty large score

Cheers
Jon Gerdes

*** Disclaimer ***
The information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent correspondence may be subject to the Export Control Act (ECA) 2002. The content is private and is intended solely for the recipient(s).
For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance on such information is prohibited and may be unlawful.

If received in error please return to sender immediately.

Under the laws of England misuse of information that is subject to the ECA 2002, is a criminal offence.

Re: Local scores

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
BAYES_40 will slightly lower the score.  However I'd think that
RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET should crank up the score by a good amount and more
than compensate for bayes.

        Loren

Re: Local scores

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 06:37 AM 4/8/2005, Jon Gerdes wrote:
>Could someone please explain this for me:
>
>Header from an e-mail I received:
>         RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET autolearn=no version=3.0.2

>score RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET         5.0

Yeah? what's to explain? Are you trying to figure out why the total is less
than 5.0? BAYES_40 carries a negative score.

  5.0 + -1.096 + 0.703 = 4.607