Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Jan Novotný <no...@fg.cz> on 2011/10/05 09:49:04 UTC

Duplicate artifacts in different repositories

Hello,

    is it possible anyhow to create two repositories with one being
fragment of the another? I have following usecase - repository
"releases" contains all our company artifacts, we need another
repository "partners" where some of our artifacts (small subset) is
opened to our company partners. I've tried creating new repository
"partners" with manualy recreating similar directory structure to our
main "releases" repository with copying few artifact folders as we want.
Repository "partners" got indexed and is accessible via WebDAV, but in
Archiva browse section I see nothing. Similarly database update fails
with exception:

NestedThrowablesStackTrace:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException:
Duplicate entry 'lib_cps--com.fg.cps-pom-2.4.7' for key 'PRIMARY'
         at
sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor69.newInstance(Unknown Source)
         at
         at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
         at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:381)
         at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1016)
         at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:957)
         at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3376)
         at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3308)

Is there any solution for this kind of setup?

Regards,
Jan

Re: Duplicate artifacts in different repositories

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
This use case should certainly work. The repository ID should be included in the primary key - but maybe there is something incorrect in the mysql mapping being used.

Is there any more information about the exception that says which table/index this occurred on?

How was mysql configured?

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org