Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Samurdhi Karunarathne <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/17 05:26:13 UTC

Android app to interact with devices powered by Mynewt OS and BLE stack

Hello All,

I'm Samurdhi Karunarathne and I'm a student at the Faculty of Engineering,
University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I came across this project in Jira
intended for GSoC 2016, to develop an Android or iOS app to interact with
devices running MyNewt OS and BLE stack. As I have considerable experience
in this direction I am very interested in working on this project for GSoC
2016.
Hope you could give me some guidelines to get myself up and aboard the
task. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Samurdhi

Re: Android app to interact with devices powered by Mynewt OS and BLE stack

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.
Hi Samurdhi,

Thanks for joining the @dev list! It’s great to hear you are interested in the work we are doing. The specific project you have inquired about is one we would love to offer for GSoC; however, the official start is a few months away and we are currently still working on the core elements of the OS and networking (BLE) stack that are essential for the Android/iOS app project. If you think you have the right background and experience I urge you to go through the code and docs for Apache Mynewt closely, stay in close touch with the progress being made, and suggest one or more small things to contribute in the meantime to get closer to the project launch.

In the event the Android/iOS app project needs more time to take off we could probably roll your suggestions/contributions into a GSoC project so you are eligible for the credit and reward (besides the satisfaction of pushing Apache Mynewt forward :) ).

thanks,
Aditi