Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jenn Chen <jj...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/12 17:57:19 UTC

Axis2 and existing client code

Hi,

I've written web services using an older version of Axis, 1.2, and I am wondering if the same clients can access the same duplicate web services written using Axis2.  My clients are in php, python, and java.  I am also wondering if other clients besides java can be written to utilize the new Axis2 features -

EchoBlockingClient
EchoNonBlockingClient
EchoNonBlockingDualClient
EchoBlockingDualClient

Thank you,

Jennifer

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/

Re: Axis2 and existing client code

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
> I've written web services using an older version of Axis, 1.2, and I am
> wondering if the same clients can access the same duplicate web services
> written using Axis2.
That'll depend on the way you implemented the service.. If you
followed a contract fisrt approach (wsdl first) then yes it's
possible...  or in other words if the abstract part of Axis2 service
wsdl is identical to the axis1 service wsdl..

Things can be bit tricky if you followed a POJO approach...
> My clients are in php, python, and java.  I am also
> wondering if other clients besides java can be written to utilize the new
> Axis2 features -
>
> EchoBlockingClient
> EchoNonBlockingClient
> EchoNonBlockingDualClient
> EchoBlockingDualClient
Above are features provided by the Axis2 client API.. They do not have
any ties with the service implementation...Supporting the above
features will depend on whether your ws-client in php or python
supports them...
AFAIK WSO2 WSF/PHP[1] supports the above...

thanks,
Thilina
[1]http://wso2.org/projects/wsf/php

Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com

Re: Axis2 and existing client code

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
An AXIS web service publishes a WSDL which is essentially a description of the operations as well as input and output parameters along with supported communication protocols such as RPC or doc/literal
Java:
using wsdl2java utility will allow you to create Client Stubs which allow for your Client class to either Locate or directly call  (usually thru some call.invoke) the webservice
PHP or Perl:
Scripting languages such as PHP or perl are appropriate if you can either
directly invoke the necessary code using some sort of (PHP/perl) script library which communicates using the requested methods
EchoBlockingClient
EchoNonBlockingClient
EchoNonBlockingDualClient
EchoBlockingDualClient
OR Have your script call down to the necessary java classes which will package the necessary params (with known datatypes) which will then communicate to the web service
Since AxisServlet is coded in Java Your path of least resistance is to stay with Java for the initial effort of ensuring your AxisClient verifiably communicates with the server

Martin--

  I've written web services using an older version of Axis, 1.2, and I am wondering if the same clients can access the same duplicate web services written using Axis2.  My clients are in php, python, and java.  I am also wondering if other clients besides java can be written to utilize the new Axis2 features -

EchoBlockingClientEchoNonBlockingClientEchoNonBlockingDualClientEchoBlockingDualClientThank you,Jennifer

  Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
  in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.