Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> on 2021/08/27 15:49:35 UTC

Re: Some observations about AOO 4.1.10 and Windows 10 Pro 21H1

Hi all,

Am 22.07.21 um 11:07 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
> Hello,

The problem seems to be that Oracle changed the compiler beginning with
Java 8 Update 261:
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/troubleshoot/crashes003.html

A quick fix is to install the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for
Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019" (32-bit):
https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

All of my machines had this already installed so I couldn't recreate the
issue until now.
For older versions we shipped msvcr100.dll with AOO, now we may need a
newer one.

Regards,

   Matthias