Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Elisabeth Adler <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/15 10:36:18 UTC

Tapestry pages (not) implementing Component, RenderCommand

  Dear all,

I didn't find anything related to the following issue, so I was
wondering if anyone could provide more details about what's going on here?
I have Tapestry (5.0.19) working with Acegi (1.0.3) and Spring (2.0.5).
Instead of securing the pages via Acegis @Secure annotations, I have a
custom transformer with custom annotations that takes care of it.
Now I noticed that in Tapestry Version 5.0.11, the pages contained in
the ClassTransformation object provided to the transformer implement
automatically org.apache.tapestry.runtime.Component,
org.apache.tapestry.runtime.RenderCommand, whereas in Tapestry Version
5.0.19 they do not implement any of these two.

Any comments appreciated.
Best,
Elisabeth

Re: Tapestry pages (not) implementing Component, RenderCommand

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 1:36 AM, Elisabeth Adler
<el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Dear all,
>
> I didn't find anything related to the following issue, so I was wondering if
> anyone could provide more details about what's going on here?
> I have Tapestry (5.0.19) working with Acegi (1.0.3) and Spring (2.0.5).
> Instead of securing the pages via Acegis @Secure annotations, I have a
> custom transformer with custom annotations that takes care of it.
> Now I noticed that in Tapestry Version 5.0.11, the pages contained in the
> ClassTransformation object provided to the transformer implement
> automatically org.apache.tapestry.runtime.Component,
> org.apache.tapestry.runtime.RenderCommand, whereas in Tapestry Version
> 5.0.19 they do not implement any of these two.

There could be some question of order of operations; outside of that
there should be no difference between .11 and .19 on this.  By the end
of the transformation, component classes will implement both of those
interfaces. Possibly, your contribution to the transformation worker
chain is ending up executing earlier than the Tapestry code.  A quick
look at TapestryModule should help you figure out how to schedule your
contribution.

> Any comments appreciated.
> Best,
> Elisabeth