Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by T Master <tm...@iknowledgeinc.com> on 2001/12/07 19:27:57 UTC

log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [null].

I've started getting these messages after I dynamically modify my instances
(somewhere):
Any tips on what it means, what's causing it, or how to fix?

log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [null].
log4j:WARN Not allowed to write to a closed appender.
log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [null].
log4j:WARN Not allowed to write to a closed appender.

Thanks.

T Master

Re: log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [null].

Posted by T Master <tm...@iknowledgeinc.com>.
Under what circumstances does an Appender become closed?  I know about the
Appender.close() method, but I never ever call this.

Could reinstanciating an Appender (if the references is null) possibly cause
this???  Or, changing the File path at runtime for a RollingFileAppender ?

Those are some thoughts of mine.

Any input appreciated.

T Master

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>