Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Malcolm J Harwood <mj...@liminalflux.net> on 2005/03/02 19:22:35 UTC

Apache::Scoreboard problem

I'm trying to get some per-request stats for the entire request, not just the
response phase, and Apache::Scoreboard looked like it would do the job.
However, I'm having a few problems with it.

I have the following installed as a CleanupHandler (by which time everything
should be done), it's just test code to try out Apache::Scoreboard so I'm not
doing anything fancy with the data. As much as possible it's pulled straight
from the docs.

sub handler
{
    my $r  = shift;
    my $sp = $r->pool->new;
    my $image = Apache::Scoreboard->image($sp);

     for (my $parent_score = $image->parent_score;
            $parent_score;
            $parent_score = $parent_score->next)
    {
        next unless ($parent_score->pid == $$);    # only want this process

        my $server = $parent_score->server; #Apache::ServerScore object
        next unless $server;

warn "count: ", $server->access_count;
warn "request: ", $server->request;
warn "served: ", $server->bytes_served;
warn "conn_bytes : ", $server->conn_bytes ;
warn "conn_count  : ", $server->conn_count  ;
warn "req_time  : ", $server->req_time  ;
    }
}

However, on use, I get the following:

Can't locate object method "server" via package
"Apache::ScoreboardParentScore"

According to the docs, that should be  Apache::ParentScore not
Apache::ScoreboardParentScore.

I'm currently using: Apache/2.0.52, mod_perl 2.0.0_RC3 and Apache::Scoreboard
2.05.

Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?

Re: Apache::Scoreboard problem

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Malcolm J Harwood wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 March 2005 11:14 pm, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>I've revamped the docs, but it's still incomplete (takes too much time).
>>Please take a look at:
>>http://apache.org/~stas/Apache-Scoreboard-2.06.tar.gz
>

> It looks fine from a quick once-over (at least relative to what I worked out
> looking at the source).

Thanks, Malcolm. So I'll get a new version out, soon.

> Am I correct in assuming that under pre-fork there would be only one
> worker_score per parent_score?

That's correct. Patches to improve the docs (as you discover things) are
very welcome.

Your best tutorial is Apache::VMonitor 2.x.

Re: Apache::Scoreboard problem

Posted by Malcolm J Harwood <mj...@liminalflux.net>.

--
"Truth comes in three stages.  First, it is disbelieved; second
it is violently opposed; third it is accepted as self-evident."

Re: Apache::Scoreboard problem

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Malcolm J Harwood wrote:
> I'm trying to get some per-request stats for the entire request, not just the
> response phase, and Apache::Scoreboard looked like it would do the job.
> However, I'm having a few problems with it.
[...]
>         my $server = $parent_score->server; #Apache::ServerScore object

Malcomlm, the docs coming with 2.05 were a copy of 0.x version's docs.
This method is now worker_score().