Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ar...@swissre.com on 2007/10/02 09:36:53 UTC

Assemby-Plugin: modify the assembly before it is installed

Hi,

is there a way to modify the assembly (e.g. with a custom plugin) after it
created the assembly directory structure and before it creates the
tar/jar/zip file? My plugin would for example modify some files within the
assembly folder before the archive is created.

Thanks for any help,
Armin

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or
company named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information
may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this message and notify the sender.
All incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are stored in the Swiss Re
Electronic Message Repository. If you do not wish the retention of
potentially private e-mails by Swiss Re, we strongly advise you not to use
the Swiss Re e-mail account for any private, non-business related
communications.

Re: Assemby-Plugin: modify the assembly before it is installed

Posted by Daniele De Francesco <dd...@gmail.com>.
Hi
In theory, being maven2 plugin a program written in java or ant script you
can do whatever you want with it.....
Here's a reference that I believe it might be useful to write and build
plugins:

http://www.devzuz.com/web/guest/products/resources#BBWM

bye

Posted by John Casey <ca...@gmail.com>.
I'd try this last approach, using the "dir" format for the first pass to
sort of stage out the assembly to a directory structure. From there, you can
work on the assembly directory using a custom plugin, then take a second
pass of the assembly plugin to simply archive the staged directory into a
zip or whatever. I've done this for clients in the past, with good results.

-john

On 10/2/07, Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Or, bind the assembly plugin to two different phases with different
> assembly
> descriptors.
>
> On 10/2/07, Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I doubt so. Use some other plugin (like the dependency plugin) to copy
> the
> > resources, modify as you like with other plugins, then use filesets to
> > assembly the modified files together.
> >
> > Kalle
> >
> > On 10/2/07, Armin_Sproll@swissre.com <Ar...@swissre.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > is there a way to modify the assembly (e.g. with a custom plugin)
> after
> > > it
> > > created the assembly directory structure and before it creates the
> > > tar/jar/zip file? My plugin would for example modify some files within
> > > the
> > > assembly folder before the archive is created.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help,
> > > Armin
> > >

> > > This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or
> > > company named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
> > > information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this
> information
> > > may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the intended
> > > recipient,
> > > please delete this message and notify the sender.
> > > All incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are stored in the Swiss Re
> > > Electronic Message Repository. If you do not wish the retention of
> > > potentially private e-mails by Swiss Re, we strongly advise you not to
> > > use
> > > the Swiss Re e-mail account for any private, non-business related
> > > communications.

John Casey
---
Maven Developer (http://maven.apache.org)
---
Blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/buildchimp

Re: Assemby-Plugin: modify the assembly before it is installed

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.