Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Werner Reisberger <we...@pure.ch> on 2000/04/18 08:51:29 UTC

mod_perl installed but not active

I compiled succesfully mod_perl together with other modules (see below)
into apache 1.3.12. Unfortunately I cannot activate it. The module isn't
visible in the error log at startup and the insertion of module directives
yields to errors.

I can't understand why a make test into the mod_perl source runs without
any error.

Thanks for any hints,

 Werner

httpsd -l

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  apache_ssl.c
  mod_perl.c
  mod_frontpage.c
  mod_php3.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec

Re: mod_perl installed but not active

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

WR> I compiled succesfully mod_perl together with other modules (see below)
WR> into apache 1.3.12. Unfortunately I cannot activate it. The module isn't
WR> visible in the error log at startup and the insertion of module directives
WR> yields to errors.

WR> I can't understand why a make test into the mod_perl source runs without
WR> any error.

If you share with us the exact text of the error messages, and how you
configured mod_perl, we might be able to offer help.

Re: mod_perl installed but not active

Posted by Stas Bekman <sb...@stason.org>.
On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Werner Reisberger wrote:

> I compiled succesfully mod_perl together with other modules (see below)
> into apache 1.3.12. Unfortunately I cannot activate it. The module isn't
> visible in the error log at startup and the insertion of module directives
> yields to errors.
>
> I can't understand why a make test into the mod_perl source runs without
> any error.

http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html#How_can_I_tell_whether_mod_perl_

You probably didn't configure it to run:
http://perl.apache.org/guide/config.html

Thanks for any hints,

>  Werner
>
> httpsd -l
>
> Compiled-in modules:
>   http_core.c
>   mod_env.c
>   mod_log_config.c
>   mod_mime.c
>   mod_negotiation.c
>   mod_status.c
>   mod_include.c
>   mod_autoindex.c
>   mod_dir.c
>   mod_cgi.c
>   mod_asis.c
>   mod_imap.c
>   mod_actions.c
>   mod_userdir.c
>   mod_alias.c
>   mod_access.c
>   mod_auth.c
>   mod_setenvif.c
>   apache_ssl.c
>   mod_perl.c
>   mod_frontpage.c
>   mod_php3.c
> suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec

Stas Bekman             | JAm_pH    --    Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/      | mod_perl Guide  http://perl.apache.org/guide
mailto:stas@stason.org  | http://perl.org    http://stason.org/TULARC/
http://singlesheaven.com| http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org