Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Rasik Pandey <ra...@ajlsm.com> on 2002/09/13 20:07:01 UTC

Ordering of indices in search with MultiSearcher causes search to return no hits

Developers,
The test file is attached. Basically, the ordering of searchers for
indices when added to a MultiSearcher causes a wild card search to fail
in both indicies, if the order in which the searchers are added to the
Searchable[] objects is reversed the search is successful. Please let me
know if I can provide any more information.

Thank you,
Rasik Pandey

PS- is anyone working on a test case for MultiSearcher?

RE : Ordering of indices in search with MultiSearcher causes search to return no hits

Posted by Rasik Pandey <ra...@ajlsm.com>.
The first bug concerning the ordering of searchers makes it difficult to
see the second problem (see recent messages about bug 12667).

This looks very much like the other TestMultiSearcher class, except for
the wildcard being used.  I suspect that any query will yield the same
result and expose the bug.

Thanks,
Otis

--- Rasik Pandey <ra...@ajlsm.com> wrote:
> Developers,
> The test file is attached. Basically, the ordering of searchers for
> indices when added to a MultiSearcher causes a wild card search to
> fail in both indicies, if the order in which the searchers are added
> to the
> Searchable[] objects is reversed the search is successful. Please let
> me
> know if I can provide any more information.
>
> Thank you,
> Rasik Pandey
>
> PS- is anyone working on a test case for MultiSearcher?

name=TestWildcardWithMultiSearcher.java

RE : Ordering of indices in search with MultiSearcher causes search to return no hits

Posted by Rasik Pandey <ra...@ajlsm.com>.
Otis,
It has to be one of the queries which are generated from a subclass of
MultiTermQuery, please see the messages on the list regarding bug 12667.

Thanks,
Rasik

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,