Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/11 04:42:22 UTC

Re: Cannot using Geronimo to execute bean-managed transaction with oracle transaction more than once, but Glassfish does

I see that ManagedXAConnection will set autoCommit to false in
localTransactionStart(). So you mean Geronimo is enlisting the resouce
before it starts the local transaction?

I see ManagedXAConnection also sets autoCommit to true in
localTransactionCommit() and localTransactionRollback(), so it's not
only the cleanup() method.

-Jack

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 8:42 PM, ext2 <xu...@tongtech.com> wrote:
> Hi David Jeck:
>
> If the tranql's oracle wrapper is changed, the oracle will works well. And
> user  doesn't need write to a un-usual program at application level;
>
> Although I am still not agree to the Geronimo 's current action, but anyway
> it's just another design strategy: now the database vendor has some trivial
> difference , so the middle-ware (application-server) should has the
> responsible to shield the difference and always give a consistence
> appearance  to the end-user; That's the strategy I finally decide to use in
> my work (it's not a app-server, but still provide jta features);
>
> Best regard
> Ext2

>>> things... maybe the difference will be the real reason cause the

Posted by ext2 <xu...@tongtech.com>.
If just reading  code of Geronimo , it's hard to understand sometimes. after
building a debug-able environment and tracking the source code of Geronimo
at run-time, things will be clearly.

oracle transaction more than once, but Glassfish does

>>I see that ManagedXAConnection will set autoCommit to false in
>>localTransactionStart(). So you mean Geronimo is enlisting the resouce
>>before it starts the local transaction?
>>I see ManagedXAConnection also sets autoCommit to true in
>>localTransactionCommit() and localTransactionRollback(), so it's not
>>only the cleanup() method.

While using JTA , the Geronimo do nothing with localTransaction; The
localTransaction only works when using in non-jta transaction.

No matter the database 's driver support xa or no-xa, the data source can be
configured to use in jta transaction or in No-jta transaction;

答复: Cannot using Geronimo to execute bean-managed transaction with oracle transaction more than once, but Glassfish does

Posted by ext2 <xu...@tongtech.com>.